Tuesday, June 12, 2012

From the Harvest

Well I've been cutting lavender every couple nights. The Hidcote Giants are the last to bloom and I'll be cutting them off later this week. ALso, it looks like this year's lavender plant will be this weekend. I'll be planting 24 plants. Because it has been so dry and because I am trying something different this year, I am renting an auger to make the holes, but more on that when I do that post. Here is how the Lavender is shaping up this year. Grossos in the back, planted two years ago. Cynthia Johnsons in the front, planted last year. Molly and a Grosso bundle. Molly checks out the early harvest tried, Munstead, Hidcote, Niagara, Croxton's and Tucker's Early Purple. Here are those Marge Clark's planted last year. From scrawny to showy! They also dry a very pretty blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment